Monday, January 28, 2013

Born Again

Long time no see.... Cal here, I started rereading all of my old posts and I really pumped me up. For the past few weeks I've been looking to get back into magic. Just today I decided I would like to start the blog up again. It was a lot of work... but it was fun as hell. I was looking to go to prerelease yesterday so I could have some content., but alas I could not. So this article is basically just a catch up for you guys and where I want to take this page. Also I would like to discuss something that happened between Ryan, Drew, and I but I will save that for last. So lets start with some bullet points.

  • MtGO, Cockatrice game play with readers weekly! that's right, I want to play with you people!
  • New Media! I'm talking videos, podcasts, and everything in between. 
  • CONTENT. Lots more content  than before! Might start out slow until I get more writers.
  • More writers? Hopefully Ryan and Drew can return... But I think I want upwards of  5+ writers
Draft Tuesday will return starting tomorrow. Of course I haven't really looked at any gatecrash cards yet... so that will be interesting. I plan to talk about decks in the metagame I am looking to purchase/build upon for the next week or so seeing as I have no standard deck.

So thats pretty much the short/long term agenda. I go ahead and share with you guys what happened between Ryan and I.

I think it was sometime late November I called Ryan asking if I could swing by to grab a few of my cards he still had. As well as ask where he got a cord for his car that I was looking to get. Apparently, a few days prior someone had gone to his home and stolen his box of cards out of his truck. Something like $1700 worth, as well as the cord I had mentioned. So I met at his house and helped brainstorm possible scenarios or where they could be. I helped him check craigslist thinking maybe the criminal posted it on there trying to make some quick cash. I also advised him to file a police report. Which he never did. A few days later he and Drew came to my house and asked me if it was I who stole them. Of course I would never steal let alone from my friends. I understand why they thought it was me. It is a weird coincidence that I called asking about the 2 things missing. Although I am not quite dumb enough to call in and ask about an item I stole if I were to steal it. So I understand them coming over and talking to me. I figured that was it. Well apparently they didn't believe me and told everyone I took their cards. Dec.11 was  my birthday and I  got a message from Ryan saying "Happy birthday, what made you change your mind?" I had no idea what that meant so I asked him and he just gave me a ambiguous answer that didnt make any sense. A few weeks later my other bud told me that someone actually left his box of cards at his house on my birthday. Which first of all is incredibly lucky that Ryan received his cards back. Not to many people get their stuff back after it is stolen.

I don't hold any resentment towards Drew or Ryan, I'm a bit mad they still thought it was me even after talking to me about it. The only problem is I feel like they will hold this suspicion against me for nothing. I didn't take your cards. Nor would I ever.

Thats pretty much the tale. I'm sure I can get him back on board hopefully.. We will see how it goes. Anyway, thats all for right now. I hope to be taking this page MUCH further. Leave a comment if there is something new you would like to see. <3 Cal

No comments:

Post a Comment